Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cupcakes, tattoos and roasties!




Greetings friends!
It's been a very busy week, I feel like a cupcake machine! I made cupcakes 3 days in a row this week, what fun!


First of them- My dear friend Briana has opened her own gorgeous tattoo shop, Buju Tattoo, in Mission Hills here in San Diego.

Front of the shop


What tattoo shop has ever been painted robins egg blue and had
glorious chandeliers in it, I ask you?

It was a really fun night, and I brought some Meyer Lemon Poppyseed cupcakes, with strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream. Yum.

Her shop is named after the most beautiful Buju, one of the sweetest doggies I've ever met.

If you're in San Diego, and would like an incredible tattoo, Briana is your woman. Seriously.

Second event- At my work we had a Japan Benefit, which was a huge success! We raised $7400!! Again, what a fun night with great people, beer, food (ahem) and prizes galore. I stuck with the Meyer Lemon theme, but no poppyseeds this time, and made Meyer Lemon Coconut Cupcakes with fresh strawberries on top. Whoa, they were good. Coconut flavored buttercream and shredded coconut on top. That is a winning combination I shall not forget. I wish I'd have snapped some pics, but I was in such a rush I forgot.

Third event- My dear friend Stephanie's birthday! She too got the lemon coconut cuppers, and they were well received. :) Happy Birthday Steph!

Me n Steph


On top of all this cupcake jazz, the Earth Balance Spring to Life contest marches on!! As I blogged last week, I submitted the veggie fritters for the appetizer category. Last week was Side Dishes, so I ended up making a most divine herbal Earth Balance to serve alongside roasted veggies. Upon tasting it though, I thought holy crap- this could be used on anything and EVERYthing! Biscuits, pasta, crackers, broccoli, fresh bread, steamed veggies, roasted veggies, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes.... the list goes on. Fun and cute part about it too, was using the antique butter pats (tiny little plates just for serving butter)
that my mom gave me. (last photo)
See the recipe here on the Earth Balance Made Just Right website. Here's a few pics of the delicious process....

Purple tators


Earth Balance with all the yummy seasonings 'bout to be stirred in


Thank you Suzie's Farm, as always


The featured beauties


Veggies post-roast and Herby buttery log after firming up in freezer


The final product. I ate that whole plate of veggies :)


I've continued to eat on the herb-Balance. Crackers, quinoa, steamed greens and a bowl of gluten free pasta all pass the test with the lovely condiment.
Try it up for your next potluck or dinner, or just for the sake of having it on hand to liven anything up! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment