Saturday, January 1, 2011

and the winner is.......

ME!

That's right friends, yours truly won in the cake category for the Earth Balance Bake-off!

I honestly can't believe it. I had my hopes up of course, but was truly surprised I actually won! It's quite the good opening of the new year, which by the way, Happy New Year!!!! I hope you had a delightful ringing in of 2011!

I'm feeling quite great about this year, not sure why really, but I like it! I have many projects planned and things to accomplish, and I think this will be a great year to do all of the above.
How cool is it that I just decided to do a vegan cook/bake book, and now I win this great Whole Foods gift card and oodles of Earth Balance?!? It's like a sponsor from the universe! Which brings me to my next statement, THANK YOU EARTH BALANCE!!!! I'm very excited to get into the cookbook venture and this will help me out huge! It's hard enough just gettin by, and on top of it save extra money to spend on baking and everything that goes along with it....I'll tell ya these extra lootcakes will be very helpful!

So..... 2011 cookbook/blogging plan is this (but not restricted to): one new baking recipe created, tested and photographed every week for the next year. (52 weeks = 52 recipes) I'm definitely open to suggestions, as I'm not even sure which 52 things I'll be baking. I'd like to touch upon all different sweets across the board.... breakfast-y items (cinnamon rolls, muffins, french toast), and of course cakes, cookies, bars, pies, tarts.... Featuring great seasonal fruits from the farmers market will be very fun too! I think doing the span of a year will be really cool, as I'll get to try the fruits of a whole year, grown right here in Southern California. F U N!!! It's a good excuse to never miss a week of marketing. Hmmmm..... I'm already getting so many ideas!!! It's going to be very fun, and I'm excited to share my process and path on this blog with you.

Before wrapping up here, I must include the link to my lil winning Pumpkin Cupcakes!


Cheers everyone! Thank you so much for reading and joining me here :)
I think it's still okay to hear this song once more, it's one of my holiday favorites. Have a great weekend, and again, Happy New Year! woooooooohooooooooooooo (add your own visual of confetti and noisemakers here)

No comments:

Post a Comment