Sunday, December 26, 2010

Have a Happy and Wonderful New Year!!

Well, Christmas has passed! WHEW! I'll admit it's always a big relief- gifts are sent, my baking load is over, and no more stress (which I know I create and put way too much on myself) of trying to do everything like some sort of wonderwoman christmas elf creature. heh heh... i'd insert an image here, but I doubt anything of the sort has an illustration! hmmmm, this works!


Christmas passing also means the Earth Balance Bake-Off is coming to an end!

Tonight is the cutoff for the last submission in the cake category, and then next week the winners will be announced! There will be 8 winners, two in each category, who will each win a $400 Whole Foods Gift Card and a 12 month supply of Earth Balance! I'd be pretty damn psyched if I won, but if not, this contest was so fun and really sparked my idea to do a cookbook. It's been so fun to have a weekly challenge for the last month. Each week digging in and thinking of something new I've never made before.... I have to say, I made some damn tasty creations this month! Still, keep yer fingers crossed that I win! :D

I'm really going to try and stick to doing one recipe a week in 2011. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have at least 50 new recipes I've created, tested and photographed under my belt (already have 4 from this month!). If that is accomplished, there's no reason I can't press on and publish a cookbook! It's very exciting indeed.

I'm really excited for this coming year, as I already have many plans I'm hoping to carry out. A friend is in the midst of helping me design a website, cookbook plan is in action, more personal cheffing, and who knows what else will happen. I just have a great feeling for this coming year :)

I will end this posting with my recipe submission of this week- Pumpkin cupcakes with spiced buttercream and candied pecans. You can see my recipe here.


Until next time,


A joyful new year to you all, and thanks for reading the beginning of my blog in 2010! Cheers to a most fruitful, abundant and sweet 2011 for us all!

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment